I am officially announcing a call for first round participants for the Seeding the City green roof module installation.
If you are a New York City resident and interested in hosting a 2’x4′ green roof module, here is how you can participate:
- Contact me.
- I will provide you with information on urban environmental issues and the benefits of green roofs and technical information about the installation.
- I will set up a site visit to see your roof.
- If you do not own your building, we can jointly speak to your landlord, or you can contact your landlord for approval. I highly recommend participation from renters or people who live in co-ops and condos.
- If your roof is a selected site, you will find 2-3 other people in your neighborhood (preferably no more than about an 8-10 block radius), who are interested in the project.
- You will pass the contact information for these other interested parties on to me.
- I will schedule your installation! (They will begin in September).
Please note, Priority will be given to those in the following neighborhoods:
- Bed-Stuy/Clinton Hil/N. Crown Heights,
- Greenpoint/E. Williamsburg
- South Bronx
- Two Bridges/Lower East Side
And voila! You have a fabulous green roof module installed on your roof!
*Thanks to Steve Lambert for the term “green pyramid scheme.”